Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The iPhone 4 Pre-order Mayhem.

Yesterday was the first day to pre-order the iPhone 4. I woke up around 8:20 EST and found that pre ordering had gone live. Unfortunately, I'm on a business plan and was unable to order my phone through Apple. I attempted the AT&T site quickly but gave up and headed to the store. Trouble at the store as well. The servers were overwhelmed and it took 45 minutes to process the order of roughly 4 people ahead of us(Nick went with me to order his as well!). I finally got my phone ordered around 10:30. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me order one for my mother as well. By afternoon, AT&T had sold out of iPhone 4 and by evening, Apple had as well. Lines, crashed servers, potential security breaches, and lots of anxious and frustrated customers described the day. AT&T reports that it was the busiest day of online sales in company history. Yeah...it seems like the iPhone 4 is going to make a killing just like its predecessors. I can't wait till June 24th! This is what will be arriving in 32 GB fashion!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks for trying for me. I AM excited about getting one. Let's hope I can get one soon.