Friday, June 25, 2010

Hugh M.D.



Tonight I saw a shuffle. Then I saw a skip. The shuffle came from Creepy Cockroach and the second came from a young frog, whom I shortly thereafter named Hugh M.D. His name came as inspiration which I owe to the extremely high moisture content in the air. So I scooped up this little Doctor and carried him inside with me. I placed him in my plastic bin where he went into dead mode. This is a survival technique I have seen used by potato bugs and a trick performed by some high functioning canines. I got nervous. Frightened. The last thing I wanted at midnight was innocent blood on my hands. I snatched the camera in hopes that the flashes would make him feel like a superstar. I think this only furthered his fear. Although the friendship had just started, I realized that it was about to come to an end. I knew that I couldn't be friends with a frog who plays dead. Frogs are supposed to jump around. We went back outside and down the stairs and I finally shook him out of the container. The container Hugh considered a coffin. He didn't budge. I tried coaxing him but nothing seemed to work. Ultimately, I had to leave him and return to my apartment. I hope that Hugh M.D. will be ok. I hope he finds a friend as good as me. Good luck Doc!

No comments: