Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sleep


I felt the urge to talk about a confusing phenomenon.  It is sleep and being tired.  As kids, we never wanted to go to bed at nights.  It was always the best thing when we could finally have a "late night" with the friends or cousins.  Naps were despised and sleep was often fought with kicks and screams.  Now, as adults, that is all we want to do.  Sleep is the best part of the day.  It is bliss once our head hits the pillows.  Yet, ironically enough, we don't do it!  Like right now for example.  I finished reading my scriptures and am dead tired, my eyes burn, and yet I'm still awake.  Which is weird because the only thing I want to do right now is fall asleep.  So now that i'm even more tired and have successfully rambled on here about sleep which will most likely put all my avid readers TO sleep, i'm going to sleep!  Sleep tight!

1 comment:

Diane said...

You certainly never act like you want to sleep at home! It's your dad and I who always wish we could get some sleep but we're wondering where you are and when you'll be home. We've wondered why it never seems like you get tired and want to go to bed. I guess it does happen occasionally, just not when you're in our house!
Love you,
Mother