Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Gaze To Ponder

The bench screams hard and my body cold
Fingers once chilled now nearing numb
Yet the mind forgets to grow weary
These tender eyes gaze upon the House
The place where outgoings are from Him
Home to come from a foundation firm
My heart feels far less then once before
Realize now that a quilt was once a thread
Woven by tireless hands that knew no seam
To soften a life, to kindle a heart of sorts
No doubt worth the potential arthritis
For apart from parting is another blink
Feet that muster to squint a setting sun
Upon a feeble chariot, one mounts tall
In order to ride, no more fear of collision

1 comment:

Meg & Chase said...

I think that when we have your blog lesson, we focus on how to write about the current events of your life. I am sure all of your blog followers would love to hear what you've been doing lately... how you love to cause a scene at work. i know that is my favortie. so we can add that to the list of things to do. =]