Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Just a Game!


Our second game of Intramural Basketball was last night. My team is a great group of guys who just want to go out on the court and play a little basketball. The first week we did just that, had a great time, and came away with a victory. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible last night. The team we played was a bunch of fowl-mouthed punks. In the first half we went up on them by 14 points and that is when they started getting pretty frustrated. They started pushing through screens, swearing, and the usual lack of sportsmanship. Then in the second half their "superstar" started taking it to the basket and they cut the lead. The superstar went up for a layup and missed and I came down with the rebound. Out of frustration he came around and whacked me in the eye. The ball went lose and he dove for it on the ground. No foul was called and I dove at both him and the ball. He flipped out, his teammates jumped, my teammates got in, and before anything erupted the ref had called off the game. Wow. What a joke. My team calmly walked to the bench as their team continued to spout their fowl language and antagonistic remarks. And that was that. Game over. It made me realize how ridiculous I must have looked as a kid when I got really worked up in the games. It is so much more fun to just go out and play basketball. Oh well, maybe next game!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Thats right honey, way to have a good attitude!

jared said...

Reading that story reminds me of something . . . is iLife in the mail??? PS - you should have decked the dude. Superstar my butt - he's a LOSER!

Spencer Lake said...

Juice, what kind of "fowl" language where they using? Calling you "chicken" or "turkey" (a la Dave Stuart)? Or where they speaking in "duck" or "swan"? Trash talking in "quail" hasn't ever been very effective for me.